Friday, September 5, 2008

First Blog...Yay!

So I've tried blogging in the past and I always end up getting bored with the idea, or end up with crazy blog stalkers so I've decided to change sites and start over :)

It seems fitting since I'm starting a new chapter in my life, I turn 26 next month and I'm hoping that this will be the year of change. I'm starting a new job, I'm doing better in school and I'm hoping to branch out and explore some new interests.

I thought that getting out of retail would make me happy, I was wrong. Working in a cube is like being a caged animal and its definitely something that I hope to avoid. I'm not saying that retail is what makes me happy, ideally I'd like to be curled up with my laptop somewhere working on my novel by day and checking out the art scene by night. Yes, I realize how idealistic and pretentious that sounds but its my dream so deal with it. But anyways, I'll do what I have to do to get by for now, and retail both pays well and accommodates my school schedule so it works.

I've narrowed down the things in my life that are ultimately dissatisfying and I'm hoping to take the steps to fix them. One of the biggest ones being my physical self. I've gotten lazy over the past few years and let myself get soft and am getting frustrated when I see people *cough cough* like my sister whine over how "fat" they are when she has a perfect washboard stomach and runs marathons like they're nothing. Hell she was approached to be a contestant on "America's Next Top Model" and is meeting with the producers tomorrow in Chicago, if thats not a huge blow to my self esteem I don't know what is. People look at her and look at me and can't believe we're from the same gene pool. Me=short, curvy, huge boobs, dark curly hair. Her=6'1, thin/athletic build, usually blonde straight hair. I honestly do believe she could be a model. And it kills me when she critiques her body. And what hurts the most is when my mother tells me that she thinks my sister does it to "motivate me" to want to be more like her. Well I hate to burst her bubble, but even if I stopped eating, and got mass amounts of plastic surgery I doubt I could look like my sister. But I don't want to change myself for her. The changes I'm going to make are for myself and no one else. Honestly, fuck the world's crazy perception of beauty. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin, I want to be healthy and I don't want to have back problems anymore because of my boobs.

So no more soda.
No more junk food.
More fruits and veggies.
More water.
Less alcohol.
More activity.

Granted some of the issues I have are rooted in some medical issues, which I plan on working on with my doctor once my new health insurance kicks in. But I think those small changes will help make a big impact too. Last time I checked the doctor said I needed to lose 30lbs before they would perform my breast reduction, just so that they could be sure I'd be able to maintain the smaller size.

Anyways, off the physical stuff.
I've been working on the outline for a novel, actually 3 novels. I started with the first one and did the outline, but I wanted to flesh out the storyline more and the outline got so big I was able to break it up into three separate books. I'm hoping to have the first one done by early next year so I can start sending out to find a publisher. I might eventually post excerpts here for feedback. Its a post-apocalyptic piece, with a lot of really cool elements. It's actually based off a dream I had, which most of my writing is. I think the best inspiration comes from the fucked up ideas our subconscious comes up with. So we'll see how it goes.

I'm on a huge Dr. Horrible kick right now. Is it weird that I identify with a mad scientist bent on world domination? I was a huge Buffy/Angel fan, and I enjoyed Firefly, but I have to say that this is some of Joss Whedon's best work. For something they just did for fun its witty and flawless and I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I honestly don't think that anyone other than Neil Patrick Harris could have pulled it off as well as he did. I know that they are planning on releasing a DVD and there's speculation that they may be expanding on the franchise by taking a look at the other members of the Evil League of Evil (but no more Dr. Horrible...so sad...at least for now). Either way, if its anywhere near as good as this I'll check it out.
If you haven't had the pleasure of watching it yet you can check it out on http://www.drhorrible.com/ or go to http://www.hulu.com/ and search for Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Btw, Hulu is one of my favorite websites, definitely worth checking out.

But I think I'm going to call it a night and go fall asleep to the Dr. Horrible soundtrack....

Mwhahaha...."A lot of guys ignore the laugh and that’s about standards. I mean, if you’re going to get into the Evil League of Evil you HAVE to have a memorable laugh. I mean do you think Bad Horse didn’t work on his whinny? His terrible… Death… whinny."-Dr. Horrible

So true...

Later ^_^

No comments: